mardi 12 juillet 2011

Matlab 7.0.1 R14 SP1, Error Starting Desktop

I needed to use Matlab 7.0.1 for my thesis work, and according to my supervisor this version is more handy and stable than the other newer versions. So I installed it on my Windows 7 virtual machine, the installation went well, but when I tried to lunch it, I had this "Error Starting Desktop” message followed by a huge Java stack. 


As usual, I googled it and voila, it seems that it's all a compatibility problem. All I needed to do is set he compatibility mode to Windows 2000 or install the Win2000VersionLie Fix.  

Hope this helps :)

1 commentaires:

ireminisces a dit…

Congratulations on investing time into this wonderful blog. Please do follow/comment on my blog. Stay blessed and keep up the good work, see my new "Allaah's Wisdom ". MashAllah !